29 September 2011

Day 3-44 Days of Witchery-Witchy tools: athame.

As an athame is primarily a Wiccan tool I have no need of one. I've never signed on for all the gear and such, preferring simplicity in my altars and practices when it comes to man made tools. When I do rituals the focus of power/energy is through my hands, or more precisely fingers. Usually left finger but these days of ambidextrous living it can be either.

That's not to say that they are not pretty, or reverent in all the ritual pomp and circumstance. I just prefer what Nature supplies and to stay as far away from anything that reminds me of my Catholic upbringing. Not that the priests went around waving athames or daggers, mind you. Maybe if they had I'd have stayed for the entertainment value. ;)








This post is from the 44 Days of Witchery

No comments:

Post a Comment