17 October 2011

Day 21-44 Days of Witchery-A favourite scent

I don't have one favorite scent I can list, so I'll share the three that first come to mind....

#1 Cardamom

When I was in the 8th grade I did a report on Sweden.  For my project I baked a few Swedish yummies and this was when I was introduced to the glorious smell of fresh ground cardamom.  I made lussekatter, which is served on St Lucia. We have since made lussekatter for St. Lucia just about every year since then and the delight in grinding the cardamom seeds is my favorite part of the ritual.




#2  Fresh Cut Grass

This is a scent that sends me into rapturous bliss.  I love the smell of fresh cut grass or mown timothy.  I recall reading once that it's considered an aphrodisiac, I would not doubt it!










#3 Patchouli

I love this scent, but only when applied correctly.  Those dousing themselves leaves me nauseous.  I use a patchouli oil, one dot on my finger and applied wherever.  I usually mix patchouli with ylang-ylang to balance the scent out. yum.







This post is part of the 44 Days of Witchery

No comments:

Post a Comment