31 October 2011

Day 35-44 Days of Witchery-Something that I think people who don’t know much about paganism/witchcraft should know.

Samhuinn 2009 ancestral altar
Many of us who are pagan, are not wiccan, we are not the stereotypical *witch*, pagan or whatever.  Not all of us go around wearing big assed pentacles the size of a dinner plate (we have a guy in town who does this).  Appearances are often very deceiving.   I find my spiritual path to be VERY personal.  I am not in the closet, per se, however as a mother I am guarded and careful who knows what about me.  I live my spirituality so people who get to know me eventually discover this about me on their own.  This is the case for many pagans, I've found.  We are from all walks of life, I'd like to say we are no different from non-pagans however I don't often see that.  Having lived in the Christian and non-Christian worlds I have witnessed more loving, generous,thoughtful acts from pagans who frequently act with more respect than most christians I come across.  They honor the divine in themselves, their world and the earth far more consistently than I see from any others.  We tend to not be a one day a week pagan, we walk our walks and talk our talks.


This post is part of the 44 Days of Witchery

No comments:

Post a Comment