Spiced Apple Hazelnut Crisp
5 cups apples, diced, unpeeled
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup demarera sugar
1 cup chopped hazelnuts (or walnuts or pecans)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
Preheat your oven to 325°.
Mix together diced apples, maple syrup and spices.
Spread mixture on bottom of a generously buttered 9" x 13" oven casserole dish.
Mix together the sugar, oats, and chopped nuts.
Cut in cubed butter until mixture resembles course meal.
Sprinkle over the top of the fruit.
Bake for about one hour.
SOURCE: Stephanie Lowell-Libby
- Yule Cookie Recipes, 2003-2008
- Raising Chickens
- Companion Planting
- Container Gardening
- Non-Toxic Cleaning
- Organic Pest Control
- Gardening by the Moon
- Seasonal Kitchen-August 2008
- Seasonal Kitchen-Summer Solstice 2008, 2009
- Seasonal Kitchen-Samhuinn 2008
- Seasonal Kitchen-Harvest 2008
- Seasonal Kitchen-July 2008