21 October 2011

Day 25-44 Days of Witchery-How do your close ones feel about your witchy path? Do they know? Why or why not?

I've been on a pagan path for 27 years next week.  I think I came out of the closet about 5-7 years after that.  I was raised Catholic and my mother goes between thinking I'm going to hell to thinking I can be lured back to the church.  Her mother was my biggest supporter, despite being LDS she was very open to other religions (she was raised Methodist) and encouraged me to find what path was best for me.  Everyone close to me knows and has for most of the time I've been pagan, how could they not?  I strive to live my spirituality and I am blessed to live in an area of the world where bible beating isn't as widely spread as in other parts of the country. I think given my region's history we learned centuries ago what happens when religious zealots persecute those they perceive different from themselves.




This post is part of the 44 Days of Witchery

No comments:

Post a Comment